- Rocking out to music and noticing that my buddy is humming along to it too, but in soprano.
- The enthusiastic shake of a small plastic bottle filled with dry beans, all in the left wrist.
- Crawl debut with the bottom and one leg in the air. Otherwise, rolling and rolling and rolling to get the prized object is easier.
- Nighttime teeth brushing (more like brush sucking), when the right hand rises up in fierce concentration.
- Pulling the blanket to bring an object towards him. I think he’s lazy, papa thinks he’s efficient.
- Babe jolting up and squawking to interrupt.
- Top teeth poking through the gummy grin.
- His smirk and look of guilt when I discover why the sealed Tic Tac box was such a popular toy. He had been sucking minty dribble through the box all this time. Cheeky monkey!
Though it’s not without its sacrifices, I’m so loving this journey.